Creating Hope by Working Together
Educate yourself about the causes, efforts, and solutions to domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse. Become involved in seeking solutions in your community for domestic violence and sexual assault. Support the work of prevention and intervention by volunteering.
The Crisis Center could not perform its work without the support of committed volunteers. There are many ways to support the work of the Crisis Center.
Some volunteer opportunities:
- Be trained to become a volunteer Advocate.
- Help with fundraising events.
- Help with public speaking and public relations efforts.
- Provide childcare.
- Help with office work such as clerical, mailings or receptionist.
- Assist in the Resale Shop.
- Work with the children or youth programs.
- Provide transportation for clients.
- Become a group facilitator.
- Facilitate a life skill class
There are so many ways your experience, education and skills can benefit others. We are even open to considering your own ideas for a new volunteer opportunity.
Fill out the form or give us a call for more information.
Reasons to Volunteer
- Develop new skills.
- Teach your skills to others.
- Gain work experience.
- Build self-esteem and self- confidence.
- Meet a diverse range of people.
- Make important networking contacts.
- Experience a type of work you might want to pursue.
- Communicate to others that you are ambitious.
- Looks good on college and scholarship applications.
- Adds work experience to your resume.
- Be a part of your community.
- Develop a better appreciation of the little things in life.
- Receive personal satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in someone’s life.
- Creates good emotional health when you help others.
- Inspires others to take an active part in the community.
- You will be greatly appreciated!