Know How to Be Safe
Q. What are the most important Personal Safety Tips?
- Always be aware of your surroundings. If you see anything that makes you feel uneasy or suspicious, go to the nearest place where there are people.
- Avoid isolated places if you are alone.
- Always lock your doors.
- When on a date, learn about your date’s attitudes.
- Make your limits clear before you get into a sexual relationship.
- If possible, avoid alcohol & other drugs.
- Don’t leave your drink alone & don’t accept drinks that have already been opened.
Q. What are the most important First Date Safety Tips?
- Agree to meet only in very public places.
- Provide your own transportation for the first few dates.
- Double date for the first couple of dates.
- Carry your cell phone.
- Be the last to leave the date location to ensure you aren’t followed home.
- And most of all, if you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, alert a waiter, bartender, or other person at your location.
Victims of Sexual Assault can be adults or children, male or female. It can happen to anyone.
24-hour Crisis Hotline: 1-800-451-9235
3010 6th Street P.O. Box 1820 Bay City, TX 77414
Local Crisis Line: 979-245-9299
116 E. Burleson Street, Wharton, TX 77488
Local Crisis Line: 979-531-1300